Tuesday 28 February 2012

Not Even a Bit

My good friends' recent DIY kitchen renos inspired me to came in here earlier and spruce the place up a bit. Gave it a real no-nonsense feel, I think. Now it's late, though, so this post is also gonna be no-nonsense. None.

The 2011 Orca Awards (for outstanding achievement in crossword construction) are the talk of puzzledom at the moment. "Nerds!", I hear you scoff. Well, I challenge the skeptics to peruse some of the grids and themes and not be at least mildly impressed (especially by the big winner, Matt Gaffney's "Moving Day"; Holy Toledo!)

Todays offering: a couple of puzzles I made for the Campus Crosswords syndicate. The 6th installment in my Mini Themeless series ran last week, and the themed puzzle ran yesterday. Next week, a blog-exclusive 15x themed, to make up for the recycled puzzles today.

More words, crossed and otherwise, next Tuesday.

Puzzles: Mini Themeless #6 and Mini Themed "One Tequila, Two Tequila, ..."
Rating: XWPG-13 for both
Download the PDF and PUZ files here, or solve or download the Across Lite puzzle and/or software from the Java app below.



2 comments:

andrea carla michaels said...

Just for the record, the awards are called ORYX, a combo of Orange and Rex + a black and white animal that appears in puzzles! One of my finest moments in naming! ;) Now to just win one!

Enjoying your blog which I just stumbled upon thru your interview with Steve Riley.
So great there is another voice out there! Now I need an extra hour in my day to do this justice...yikes! I'm up to 83 hours.

Jimmy said...

This is a great bblog